WritAnon.com Forum Guidelines
All posts must conform to the rules of the specific forum. Failure to comply with forum rules will result in post deletion, and may result in banning a user from the site.
These forum guidelines are posted in order to help you receive more effective feedback for each post.New posts:
- Each new post should be approximately 1 page (less than 500 words) in length. This allows for others to post meaningful responses.
- State the purpose of your post in the first paragraph. This is especially important when posting a sample--are you looking for a critique of the material? Are you looking for an emotional response from readers (how did the sample make each reader feel?) Stating what you desire helps other patrons respond more effectively.
- If posting a collaborative story (with the exception of the New Citizens story), please do so in the Role-Playing forum. State any story rules up front to avoid problems in the future.
- Focus on the positive aspects of each post. Remember that the original poster is a real person who has put their work out for an honest evaluation. Focus on what you liked about a particular post first, then offer constructive criticism.
- Make your criticism constructive by identifying a problem and suggesting at least one way on how to fix it. If you're aware of other materials that may assist the original poster, pass on the reference.
Did we miss an important guideline? Contact us!